Medical Receptionist (Duncan, SC)
Company: AFC Urgent Care
Posted on: November 19, 2021
SUMMARYTo accurately check patients in and out by verifying
insurance, collecting payments, and maintaining patient records and
accounts. Maintain patient flow. Provide excellent patient
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare the clinic for opening each day by reviewing the
facility, opening all systems applications, and ensuring lobby is
clean, neat, and well stocked with appropriate marketing materials,
tissues, etc. Ensure cleanliness of lobby and front office areas
throughout the day.
- Greet patients in a professional, warm, friendly manner.
Provide patients initial paperwork, and obtain/scan copies of
insurance, identification cards and signed paperwork, ensuring
- Register patients, update patient records, and verify insurance
accurately and timely
- Follow company procedures related to workers' compensation and
occupational medicine patients
- Determine, collect and process patient payments and address
collection and billing issues
- Ensure returning patients' demographics and insurance are
correct and HIPAA acknowledgement has been signed within the past
- Discharge patients accurately and timely by collecting
balances, providing patient documentation, and following discharge
- Ensure charges are complete and accurate
- Answer phone calls in a professional manner within three
- Respond promptly to customer needs, provide excellent customer
service, assist patients with follow-up appointments, and fulfill
medical documentation requests
- Ensure patient flow is timely and organized, prioritizing
- Ensure patient health information is protected according to
HIPAA guidelines. Complete annual HIPAA training as required.
- Balance daily patient charges (cash, check, credit cards)
against system reports
- Complete closing procedures by preparing closing documentation
and submitting required reports
- Prepare, sign, and drop the deposit in the safe on a nightly
- Complete cash control procedures and secure financial
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Maintain office supplies
- Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe and
pleasant work environment
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management
- Regular attendance/timeliness to ensure efficient clinic
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond
promptly to customer needs.
- Treat people with respect, inspire trust of others, work with
integrity, uphold organizational values.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adapt to change in work environment, manage competing
- Maintain BLS certification.
- Other duties and responsibilities as
assignedRequirementsQUALIFICATIONSHigh School graduate or
equivalent. Previous medical clerical experience preferred. Basic
computer knowledge, e.g., Microsoft Office. Accuracy and detail
orientation. Positive customer service skills. Well-groomed
appearance. Clear and articulate phone voice. Tactful interpersonal
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENTOffice environment. Standing for
extended periods of time. Sitting and keyboarding for extended
periods of time. Reaching and stooping for files. High attention to
detail and ability to focus. Potential exposure to potentially
infectious material and chemicals. Moderate noise
level.BenefitsSalary range $15-$18 per hour.Full time employees are
provided: (once eligibility is met)
- PTO options up to 80-120 hours per year
- Paid Holiday for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Supplemental option for Life, Accident, & Cancer
- Retirement plans
Keywords: AFC Urgent Care, Gastonia , Medical Receptionist (Duncan, SC), Administration, Clerical , Duncan, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!