Accounting Specialist I
Company: Affinity Group - Paramount
Posted on: November 23, 2019
What We Are Looking ForWe are seeking an Accounting Specialist I
with a passion for all things data, that will be based out of our
main Charlotte, NC office. We are conveniently located right off
I-77 North (Exit 18, Harris Blvd.) or about 5-minutes east of the
Northlake Mall. After the initial 90-day probationary period, this
position qualifies for a flexible work schedule, telecommuting, and
remote office, work from home. The candidate must have the ability
to reverse-engineer data and conduct root-cause analysis,--with
large amounts of Excel data.Note: The candidate must have very
proficient skills working with Excel and QuickBooks!This position
will be an important part of the monthly close process, that will
ensure all asset-related journal entries are posted and all
accounts are accurately reconciled. This individual will also work
on various projects that include documenting procedures and provide
backup to other members of the accounting team. Who We
AreRegionally based Affinity Group Paramount, located in the Queen
City of Charlotte, NC, is a premier selling organization and one of
the fastest-growing food-service brokerage firms in the industry.
We partner with key distributors--to strengthen the market presence
for our clients within the restaurant, hospitality, K-12, and our
non-commercial foodservice verticals.Our selling and marketing
agency--leverages decades of local demographic expertise, that is
combined with a regional and national presence with a very
localized focus. Supported by our corporate support teams in
Charlotte, we deploy our experienced selling teams that are locally
based in 14 locations, within nine states throughout the
southeast.What You Will Do
- Excel (a must): Ability to quickly translate data and conduct
- QuickBooks: Translate transactions with our accounting
- Account Reconciliation: Research and resolve
- Quality Control: Ensure process workflows are accurate with
- Data Integrity: Accurately entering numeric/alphanumeric
information via database.
- Monthly: Closeout, prepare monthly stats/metrics, and account
- Communicator: Triage department emails and draft communication
related to month-end.
- Invoices: Generate/submit to clients, determine allocations and
diligent payment follow-up.
- Processing: Asset-related invoices and maintaining the accuracy
of all master files.What You Need to Have
- Must-Have: Analytically inclined experience, working with large
amounts of Excel data.
- Technology: Experience working with QuickBooks. Comfortable
working with PC SaaS cloud-based solutions such as Microsoft Office
365 products, Sharepoint, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- Credible: 1-3 years of Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable
- 2+ years of Accounting experience or 1-3 years of data entry
- Administrative: A high degree of admin experience, with very
high attention to detail.
- Discipline & Consistency: Ability to multi-task, achieve
specific and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Influence Without Authority: Must have a personable approach to
influence internal clients (employees) to deliver RFI's (Request
for Info) on a routine and timely basis.
- Team Relationships: Ability to partner with diverse teams and
learn from others, regardless of titles.What to Expect--
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background screen.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Typical workweek: Mon-Fri from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (1-hour
- After the initial 90-day probationary period, this position
qualifies for a flexible work schedule that includes telecommuting
and/or remote office work from home.
- Travel: No travel, except for on rare occasions for a
continuing education or training class.What We Offer (benefits &
- Competitive salary and some of the best employee benefits in
our industry, including a $5 medical plan!
- Flexible work schedules, telecommuting, and remote office from
- Personal Time Off (PTO) and company paid holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (matching), Short Term
Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- Perks include daily free snacks at the office, plus a lot of
free food prepared by our local culinarians!Affinity Group
Paramount is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Affinity Group - Paramount, Gastonia , Accounting Specialist I, Accounting, Auditing , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!