Business Unit Controller
Company: Lanxess Corporation
Posted on: January 9, 2020
Who we are:
LANXESS is a leading specialty chemicals company with sales of EUR
7.3 billion in 2018 and about 15,000 employees in 25 countries. The
company is currently represented at 60+ production sites worldwide.
The core business of LANXESS is the development, manufacturing and
marketing of chemical intermediates, additives, specialty chemicals
LANXESS is listed in the leading sustainability indices Dow Jones
Sustainability Index (DJSI World) and FTSE4Good.
In the United States, LANXESS employs more than 2,000 people at 21
locations in 10 states.
What we can offer you:
LANXESS is a young company with strong roots! We derive our
strength from global presence, management excellence and most
importantly our people! Our employees are the pillars of our
We offer exciting career opportunities regionally as well as
internationally, educational assistance programs, competitive pay
and benefits, language training programs, and many other personal
and professional development programs that are a part of our vision
and values that drive our ongoing success.
Acting as financial manager for BU URE in the NAFTA region
responsible for the tracking of KPIs and ensuring BU targets are
met. Legal entity controlling for BU URE in the NAFTA region
covering analysis, forecast and budgeting of the P&L, balance
sheet and investment projects.
* Forecasting weekly production volumes and cost variances for both
* Cost review meetings with site management team
* Month end SAP closing and reporting for both production sites
* Analyzing legal entity financials including sales, COGS and
SG&A cost and deriving and communicating clear actions
* Communication of main deviations of BU performance to local
corporate finance organization in the US
* Review and approve inventory revaluation proposal by product cost
* Government Contract material costs for quarter
* Drive BOM and recipe review in preparation of annual budget
* Generate conversion cost budget and site information package
* Entry of all relevant information into SAP (e.g. cost,
* Validate standard cost in SAP
* Approve, log and set up all Capital Appropriation Requests in
* Participate in Capital update meetings
Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Annual Financial Analyses: forecasting
production volumes and cost, full P&L close and reporting,
variances, management reporting, budgeting, etc. for 2 production
sites. Investment Projects: Capital appropriation requests, capital
meetings and updates, project closure notices, disposition of fixed
assets, commitment reports, fixed asset reviews. Working Capital:
Inventory and receivables development by legal entity, physical
inventory accounting, write-offs / scrap. REQUIREMENTS
* BS Degree, 3-5 years professional experience minimum
* Travel to various sites is required, therefore a valid drivers
licence is a must
* Good interpersonal skills; good IT knowledge including SAP, MS
* Programming skills of advanatage (e.g. VBA / Python / R)
* Leadership, project management, and international experience of
What we offer you:
* Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages,
inclusive of a global bonus program and an individual performance
* Comprehensive Benefits: We provide a variety of benefits to
support your financial security, health and wellbeing including
retirement plans, health programs, life insurance and medical
* Work-Life & Flexibility: We support you in maintaining a balance
between working hours and personal life. With our global Xwork
program, we offer flexible working arrangements in all countries in
which we operate.
* Training & Development: We are committed to your professional and
personal development and encourage you in the ongoing pursuit of
education, training and knowledge through both formal and informal
Diversity: LANXESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
veteran status or disability.
Join the LANXESS team!
Must include a resume.
Keywords: Lanxess Corporation, Gastonia , Business Unit Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!